MH BCS: Memorial Herman Breast Cancer Survivors. This yoga class is sponsored by Memorial Herman Hospital and is free for all those who have had breast cancer.
March 2014 Monthly Calendar
Changes in March:
The Wednesday 6:00pm Intermediate Advanced will change to a Mixed Level Class.
• Yoga 101 Etiquette & Frequently Asked Questions
New to yoga or to our studio? Here are some guidelines to help make yoga more enjoyable for you and for others.
• We are a scent free studio! Please do not wear any perfume, cologne, essential oils or lotions. Many of our students have asthma or have had chemo and when your body heats up, the scent becomes doubly strong.
• If this is your 1st time, you do not need to make a reservation to attend any of our regular classes. Reservations are only required for special workshops. You can enroll as a “Drop In” or purchase a class card. See our tuition rates under our “Rates” link. We offer discounts to 2nd family members, full time students, teachers, seniors 65 and older and US veterans.
• We have ample free parking and our parking lot is very well lit for your safety.
• All of our classes are an hour and 15 minutes long. Specialty Workshops can be 2-3 hours and those times will be posted on a flyer advertising the date and instructor.
• For first time students, we will need you to fill out a New Student Registration Form. Upon your arrival, take one of the clip boards located on the front desk and begin filling out the form. If there is a class in session prior to the one you are attending, this will help the instructor enter your information into our computer system when he/she comes out to check the next group in.
• Try to arrive early. Traffic can be heavy, so plan for it. Chronic late arrivals tend to disrupt classes.
• If late and “centering” is taking place, even if the studio door is open, wait until centering is finished, then enter the classroom.
• If you are late, make sure to give your name to the instructor after class to make sure he/she checks you into the system, even if you think the instructor knows your name.
• Store your shoes, purse and keys in the cubby holes. They are perfectly safe. We see everything.
• Please silence your cell phones and leave them in the lobby or even in your car.
• We have good Manduka mats for your use as well as blocks, straps and blankets. So don’t feel that you have to run out and buy all that equipment.
• Be aware of others and place your mat at least arms length from the person beside you. Place your mat quietly on the floor when you roll it out.
• If you need to leave early, let the instructor know before class. We want to make sure you are not leaving due to an injury.
• If you have an injury/condition (i.e.: pregnant, heart, hypertension) let us know before class, so we can help you with certain poses.
• Wear proper clothing. Ladies, sports bras. Gentlemen, biker shorts underneath, if shorts do not reach to knees.
• Shoes are not allowed in the yoga room. Some wear socks thru warm up, but you will be asked to remove them once we get going. Using your toes is very important in yoga.
• If you are having trouble with a pose, ask for a modification or take a child’s pose. We are a non competitive studio and want you to be comfortable and enjoy your practice.
• Follow the instructor’s lead. We have reasons for presenting a pose a certain way in order to help open up certain areas of the body. Going off on your own into a different pose can be distracting to the class and to the instructor.
• Please refrain from assisting other students unless you are asked to do so by an instructor. Instructors are trained to spot or help students.
• We encourage questions/comments during class, but please do not talk to your neighbor as we prepare for Savasana. That is when we want your mind quieting down.
• If you start to cough continuously in Savasana, roll to your side. It will help calm the cough.
We welcome all new students and want you to enjoy your class. We post these guidelines in order to help new students through their first few visits. Always feel free to contact us with any additional questions via email or phone.
The Woodlands Yoga Studio 25126 Grogans Park Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380 Bus Off: 936-271-1485